We’ve done a little batch of summer updates on the current political and economic books during the last couple of weeks – and here’s the message:
- It’s the Middle Class, Stupid (Carville & Greenberg): We’ve failed. The Middle Class is broken.
- Our Divided Political Heart (E. J. Dionne): Polarization, Extremism and drift from the founding principles and values.
- Twilight of the Elites (MSNBC Chris Hayes): Meritocracy is lost.
- End the Depression Now! (Paul Krugman): Unemployment ruins lives. We are actually in a Depression.
- It’s Even Worse Than It Looks (Mann & Ornstein): Congress is defunct, politics is tribal, most of the blame lies with the GOP.
- The Betrayal of the American Dream (Barlett & Steele): Social mobility is gone, the Dream is an Illusion, the Middle Class is systematically ravaged.
So now we’re reading this:
For some inspiration.